Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Spring 2013






We have had a busy spring this year!  Nolan has started his summer break and we have had fun with swimming, splash pads and other fun Austin adventures.  We sure are excited that our friend Kali moved to Austin and we have already had so much fun together.  We have a couple of vacations planned for this summer as well as two summer camps for Nolan. 

The boys will both start school in the fall at an amazing Spanish immersion preschool in Austin.  We are so excited about this preschool!  Their school provides weekly sign language and tumbling in addition to their full-day Spanish immersion.  This was a big decision on our parts, but we hope to travel with the boys and really wanted to give them the gift of a second language.  My hope is they will soon speak better Spanish than I do! 

The boys will not be the only ones going to school in the fall.  I am so excited that I will be returning to my old school and teaching 5th grade!!  I had decided to only accept a job at a school that was exemplary-rated and one that I would want to take the boys to.  I wasn't sure what the odds were, since I was being quite picky.  I really lucked out and I am thrilled about 5th grade.  It is bitter sweet to think about leaving the boys to go back to work, but I am truly happy knowing that it won't be long until they are Sommer Stallions too!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Big changes! I'm excited for your new job. Let's get together soon and catch up.

    ReplyDelete