Sunday, November 17, 2013

Fall 2013






 
 

 



 
We have been so busy this fall and I truly love it.  I think this new schedule is the perfect fit for our family.  I won't get too comfortable with it yet though.  Next year Nolan will be coming to school with me and that will be a whole new world for Nolan and I. 
 
This fall we had a blast with friends, parties and even a fall trip. We picked the boys up early from school on a Friday afternoon and surprised them with a trip to Oklahoma.  They were so excited to find out that we were going to a cabin in the woods.  We had a really perfect weekend hiking at Beaver's Bend Park and just hanging out by the campfire.  We planned this trip because I have been anxious to show the boys a real fall.  This was pretty close, but I still think we will need to make the trip to Chicago in the next few years.  
The trip was great but the ride home was brutal.  The sibling rivalry and fighting has reached an all-time high at our house.  Deric and I see an SUV in my future.  With all the driving trips we love to take, we both agree that giving each of our monsters their own row might save our sanity.  I remember when we picked out my car and I was pregnant with Cort.  The salesman said, "Are you sure you don't want to look at the Durango?".  "NO!" I said.  He smiled and said that I might be back.   

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing all your pictures! Sad that this is the new norm for your family . ;( I think an SUV is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete